Yesterday, my friend Hans of Svana Tradgard posted on my blog to let me know that he nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. I want to thank Hans very much for considering me and my blog.
If you haven't already, make sure you visit Hans's blog where he details his gardening life in Norrbotten Sweden (yes, waaaaaaay up there!). If you think your days are short, gardening in northern Sweden will give you a new perspective. More importantly, Hans works wonderfully with the environment and weather conditions to create a lovely garden (see his summer-time posts). My recent favorite post on his blog includes photos of LOTS of snow. Considering that we haven't had an inch of snow in NYC this year, Hans's post was especially welcome.
Now its my turn to nominate blogs to receive the Liebster Blog Award and my nominees are (in no specific order):
- Les at A Tidewater Gardener. I love Les's fantastic photos and he's such a knowledgeable gardener. He also hails from my hometown in Virginia.
- Henrik at Min Franske Have. French gardens with a Danish twist.
- Jim at View From Federal Twist. New American gardening at its most sublime. Read about Jim's progress on the redesign of his urban garden. Impressive photos to boot.
- Martin at Ernie & I. One of the most intrepid garden visitors I've come across in many years. I do some of my best "virtual" touring at Martin's blog.
- Gary at The On Going Adventures at Fox Paw Lodge. What can I say, Virginians love gardening!